The benefits perceived by IoT are numerous and highly convincing. There are warnings about the euphoria of the IoT. A recent Business Intelligence report predicts that there will be 55 Billion devices connected to the IoT by the year 2025.
With an IoT investment of almost $ 15 trillion dollars projected for the same year, there is a great opportunity for companies to make costly, complicated and potentially fatal errors. With all that is at stake, how can your company build on a successful IoT strategy? Let's start by analyzing five main reasons why your IoT strategy can.
1. Your IoT strategy is not based on a business reality The IoT potential is limited only by the imagination. All the ideas seem the most appropriate, however, the ideas that do not know limits -in general- result in blindness and organizational paralysis. And that leads to wasted resources, lost deadlines and frustrated people. Consider first the search for ideas that solve the problems of your customers, inside and outside your company. For your customers, this could be an IoT-based extension of a current product. It could be a new service or product that offers leverage data from its users to create interactions and personalized communications. Internally, identify opportunities and generate support for IoT projects that improve the key facets of the experience of the users of your company.
2. Your IoT strategy is not tightly integrated with an execution plan Execution without a solid strategy is a path that leads nowhere. You must align your strategic direction with a tactical execution. The success of IoT requires a cohesive and transformative global image strategy with executive support from the top to the bottom and an execution of business processes from the base to the top. Recruit personal that can build a bridge between intellectual resources (talent) and business (budget). Some IoT experts -even- create a high-level executive position and have a multidisciplinary team dedicated to the IoT approach, which is very important.
3. The IoT strategy is not adapted to the capacity, culture and organizational processes. The design, architecture and implementation of modern technologies such as: IoT, cloud and data analysis are now an imperative for all companies. Skills and knowledge gaps related to IoT and advanced technology are numerous in many organizations. IoT initiatives are often connected through multiple departments and business units. Success in IoT requires collaboration across the boundaries of the organization, which is sometimes completely new for many organizations. The existing structures and processes of the organization are usually organized as silos to support specific products, which can be an obstacle to the IoT. Organizations should strategically plan and prepare to close these gaps quickly. Consider multidisciplinary teams enabled and driven by objectives to build new forms of collaboration and dynamic business processes based on data within your business. Consider hiring new technology experts, establishing agreements with established technology providers and / or hiring consultancy capacity. This will help to develop new internal knowledge which leads to cultural changes and business processes that constitute a requirement to achieve success.
4. The IoT strategy that you manage does not recognize data as a capital for success. The IoT is about the ability to collect, analyze and make decisions based on correct data and from the right sources. However, the massive and blind collection of large amounts of data from a wide variety of devices and sensors is the appropriate formula to reach the IoT disaster. Thinking that the data analysts you hire can create a magic from an ocean of faulty data is an unsuccessful search, assuming you even have access to such analysts, whether they are internal staff or contractors. Comprehensive capture, inclusion and integration of data with your business systems, analysis, storage, protection and security are all critical variables in IoT architectures. The processing of data in perimeter devices is a rapidly growing component of successful approaches to making actionable intelligence the soul of an organization. The processing of technological data accelerates responses by eliminating delays when data travels across large area networks to and from public clouds. Build a distributed digital data brain that connects peripheral data processing, within corporate data centers and in the public cloud. The data becomes agile and actionable to make your IoT system successful.
5. Your company's IoT strategy fails to make agility an essential capability. It's extremely early to talk about the IoT. You must enlist to adopt the accelerated pace of change. The IoT, like any technological paradigm shift, is extremely difficult and complex to try to predict exactly where the systems will be in two, three or four years. The key to adopting the IoT is to create an open, scalable and digital architectural base. An agile approach helps you scale quickly and allows you to connect to new technologies when they are ready.
Construya una base digital IoT
El potencial para el éxito de IoT es real. Solo necesita la idea correcta centrada en el negocio que ofrezca un valor real para el cliente. La interconectividad y la colaboración aceleran el aprendizaje e innovación organizacional. Haga una lluvia de ideas con su equipo de trabajo, sus clientes y sus socios. Comuníquese con su comunidad participando en organizaciones de la industria, eventos y alianzas. Establezca una organización ágil, creativa y centrada en la ejecución. Solo entonces puede construir una estrategia IoT que sea sólida.